- Databases: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, SQLite, MongoDB and Netezza.
- Application Servers: JBoss, Tomcat, Jetty, WebLogic, NginX, Rack and Apache.
- Software and Frameworks: Java EE, Spring, Maven, Liquibase, Hadoop Ecosystem, Git, Subversion, IntelliJ, Xcode, Hibernate, Gradle, Eclipse, Ant, Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, HipChat, Crowd and Bitbucket), Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, SonarQube, Nexus, Grails, Ruby on Rails, SoapUI, Android, iOS, Puppet, Docker, Cucumber, AngularJS, Dojo Toolkit, jQuery, Bootstrap, Amazon Web Services and WordPress.
Software Engineer @ SPARC (Booz Allen Hamilton)
- Overall development lead for team members working as part of a combined customer team.
- Manage production applications and incident management reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring schedule and performance of integrated team members and reporting to project management.
- Lead interface requirements definitions for multiple web service integration points.
- Member of change control board and provide input on architectural direction and decisions.
- Lead effort to improve unit test coverage in modules to 99%.
- Improved several system applications through executing design decisions, implementing enhancements and refactoring code.
Software Engineer @ Accent Homes Carolinas
- Developed customer facing application utilizing Amazon Web Services.
- Drastically increased customer traffic through search engine optimization and web presence.
Software Engineer @ Premier, Inc.
- Designed and developed new product features transforming business requirements into tested source code.
- Reengineered legacy applications and components into PostgreSQL backed Spring micro-services on JBoss resulting in significant cost reduction, performance improvements and developer efficiency.
- Consulted with development teams to lead their transition to technologies such as Git, Maven, Liquibase, Puppet, Hadoop, JBoss, and PostgreSQL.
- Designed Liquibase architecture for continuous integration and delivery of database components increasing efficiency, replacing manual processes and removing environmental inconsistencies.
- Trained and mentored junior engineers in programming methodologies and best practices by leading code reviews, daily Agile standup and being an approachable source of technical and product knowledge.
- Developed platform of software development tools that replaced time-consuming, error-prone manual processes with automated solutions enabling teams to design, plan, build and deliver software over 50% more efficiently. This platform supports over 90% of all development efforts.
- Developed multivariate regression-based prediction models and REST service endpoint for identifying Surgical Site Infections in real time. These models were also available as a pre-packaged jar.
- Drove enterprise CI and CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) efforts and architecture.
- Created, administered and developed internal ruby gem server and pass-through caching mirror enabling developers to distribute and manage internal proprietary ruby gems alongside widely used public gems.
- Introduced pair programming, TDD and BDD (Test Driven and Behavior Driven Development) techniques resulting in more portable and reliable software with significantly higher code coverage.
Software Engineer @ TRUPOINT Partners
- Developed, refactored, tested and optimized interdependent Ruby on Rails applications and services.
- Transformed large complex data sets into content rich customer solutions.
- Played active role in design process, contributing significantly to the overall product.
- Decreased Amazon Web Services monthly cost by 30%.
Teaching Assistant @ The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Assisted faculty with classroom instruction, exams, and labs.
- Developed Ruby on Rails ‘auto-grader’ web application that automated the grading of student programming assignments decreasing manual grading and reporting by over 85%.
- Tutored and mentored rising computer science students.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Master of Science in Computer Science – Machine Learning, Data Science and Data Management
The University of Akron
Bachelor of Science